Try this classic crab cake recipe with a summery strawberry twist.
275g Boddington's Berries strawberries, chopped
1/2 Red Onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp chopped parsley
1 cup orange juice
1/4 tsp chilli powder
For crab cakes:
225g Cornish crabmeat
175g potatoes, cooked and mashed
1/2 small onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 eggs, beaten
1. Mix all of the salsa ingredients together then refrigerate while preparing the cakes.
2. Mix together the crabmeat, mashed potatoes, onion, parsley, cayenne pepper, lemon juice and salt. Add half of the beaten egg and shape into 8 cakes, using floured hands.
3. Dip the cakes in the remaining beaten egg then coat with the breadcrumbs.
4. Place crab cakes on a greaseproof paper sheet and bake on the middle shelf of the oven at 200°C/400°F/ Gas Mark 6 for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown, turning once during cooking.
5. Place the crab cakes on a bed of lettuce and pour over the salsa dressing.