This delicious tart is perfect for a summer garden party. Serve with a rocket and lemon salad.
4 tbsp Red Onion Relish
250g goats cheese
300ml double cream
500g plain flour
250g butter - diced
1. Set the oven to 180˚C. Grease and line the bottom of a loose bottom quiche dish using grease-proof paper.
2. Sift the flour into a bowl and add the butter. Using your fingertips, mix together the ingredients until they resemble fine breadcrumbs. Add a pinch of salt and 2-3 tbsp water and start to mix until a firm dough is created (more water may be needed).
3. Wrap the dough in cling film and chill for 15 minutes.
4. Once the dough has been chilled, roll the dough out onto a floured surface until 1cm thick. Place the dough into the prepared quiche dish and gently press the dough into the sides of the dish, using a fork pierce the pastry, then return to the fridge for 10 minutes.
5. Place the quiche dish onto a baking tray. Put grease-proof paper over the pastry and add ceramic beans. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove the grease-proof paper and beans. Return the pastry back into the oven for a further 5-10 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown in colour.
6. Spread the red onion relish evenly over the base of the pastry, then crumble the goats cheese over the top.
7. Whisk together all the eggs in a separate bow. Add the cream and seasoning, whisking until combined. Pour the egg mixture over the pastry, until a centimetre from the top.
8. Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until the quiche does not wobble, and the top is golden brown. Serve warm or cold.