Jam n’ Cream biscuits with Trewithen Dairy butter (obviously).
Recipe is a combination of BBC Good Food and the Hairy Bikers.
1. Mix 250g softened butter and 140g caster sugar in a large bowl with a wooden spoon, then add 1 egg yolk and 2 tsp vanilla extract and briefly beat to combine.
2. Sift in 300g plain flour and stir until the mixture is well combined. We highly recommend mixing with your hands at the end to bring the mixture together. You can chill the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes but we didn't because... who can afford to wait an extra 30 minutes for biscuits?
3. Roll out the dough to about the width of a £1 coin - the thicker they are the more tricky these are to eat. Use your favourite cutter to cut the main shape of the biscuits. Remember to cut a hole in half of the biscuits (we used the end of a piping nozzle).
4. Bake the biscuits at 180 degrees for 15 minutes - or until golden!
1. Whisk together 100g softened butter, 200g icing sugar and 2 tsp vanilla until pale and fluffy. We put ours into a piping bag but if you fancy using a spoon that would work just as well!
To assemble the biscuit, pipe the cream around the edges first and then pipe the jam into the middle. Make sure you use a big enough nozzle for the whole strawberries to fit through!